Why Energy Efficient?
NEW HOME BUYERS
New home buyers in Georgia should consider all the benefits of an Energy Efficient New Home. These houses offer built-in quality and comfort, and save you money by being more energy efficient than homes built to standard building codes. Every Energy Efficient New Home is tested utilizing the national standard HERS (Home Energy Rating System) protocol, meaning your new home will be substantially more efficient than a standard home.
- Effective Insulation – Properly installed insulation in floors, walls and attics ensure even temperatures throughout the house, while using less energy.
- High-Performance Windows – Windows with advanced coatings and construction help keep heat in during winter and out during summer and block ultraviolet sunlight.
- Tight Construction and Tight Ducts – A more tightly sealed home improves comfort and indoor air quality, while lowering utility and maintenance costs.
- More Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment – Energy-efficient, properly installed heating and cooling systems use less energy and save you money.
- Independent Testing – You can enjoy peace of mind knowing your new home has been independently certified, verifying the energy performance of your home.